Friday, September 14, 2012

This week...


Baking:: A few days this week felt like Fall!  This makes me want to bake.  Unfortunately my brand new oven is not working right, but I still managed to make some of these, Apple Crumb bars and I used this caramel recipe instead.

Cleaning:: With the kiddos back in school, I finally have the time and energy to vacuum under beds and couches and realize just how dirty my house is. Oh how i love a good purge though! We have also started a few projects in the kids' bedrooms.  I hope to share more on that next week...

Reading:: this sweet story of adoption over at Under the Sycamore


Making:: I have made two batches of this Taco soup in the last two weeks!  Everyone in our family loves it and I love that it is so easy to make!  Below is the recipe...

Taco Soup
1 lb. ground beef
1 can each black beans, red beans, and corn
1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes
1 and 1/2 cups of water

Brown meat in a lg. pan. Add all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer 45 minutes. Top with a dollop if sour cream or nacho chips.
(my mom sent me this recipe, but I am not sure where she got it from)

Happy Friday!  Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got the recipe from Neena who got it from Laura Grimes. Love the fall colors in your picturs! Happy Autumn!