Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More Baking...

I don't know what it is about Fall, but it makes me want to bake.  Yesterday I made Molasses Gingersnaps and today I made some Pumpkin Bread.  Tomorrow I might try some homemade applesauce.

Here is the recipe for the pumpkin bread: (from the same friend who gave me the recipe for the gingersnaps...thanks Sharbelle!)

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup water
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
1 2/3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Bake loaf in greased pan (I use a few small loaf pans) at 325 for approximately 45 minutes

Here is another site for some fun Fall ideas

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Stacey-
That sounds great.
We had the most delicious pumpkin soup at a restaurant this week and the chef was kind enough to share the very simple recipe with me. I will pass it on in case you would like to try it. I am going to be making it for dinner this evening. It is sort of a sweeter version of pumpkin soup then I am familiar with (actually it tastes like pumpkin pie). My girls loved it.

1 large can of pumpkin (29 oz)
1 can of chicken broth (14 oz)
granulated sugar (a few tablespoons to taste)
1-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup heavy cream
Combine the Pumpkin and the broth and simmer.
Add the sugar and spices
add the cream at the end
(If it is to thick you can just adda little water)
(Whip some extra cream up with a little sugar and PP spice and top the soup off!)
Enjoy

Alisha said...

I love pumpkin bread. And I've been looking for a good pumpkin soup recipe. So today's post + comment comes at a great time. Thanks to both of you!

Wesley said...

Even better if you add chocolate chips! (What isn't?) :)